Disclaimer: Please be aware that this blog post may contain affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you).
What to do when you’ve fallen off the productivity wagon
We all have those days when we just want to sleep in or check our phone instead of doing something productive in the morning. I’ve been there. Truth be told, I was a little lazy with my morning routine a few weeks ago.
It happens. Life happens. But what’s important is getting back to the routine or simply starting off your day on a productive foot.
Getting back on track
According to the Strengths Finders, one of my strengths is Discipline. With Discipline, structures and routines are important. Those routines and structures fall apart whenever I travel. It happened when I went to the Bay Area for over a month. It was a bit frustrating because I couldn’t seem to get on track while I was away from home.
Now that I’ve been back home for a bit, I’ve finally gotten back into the routine of things. It takes a few weeks. It may seem crazy to want to have structure, but I thrive in it. I feel most productive and alive knowing that I’m moving closer to my goals.
Whenever I do my morning routine, I feel great! I enjoy dedicating time to feeding my mind, body
Here are 20 ideas to do instead of checking your phone in the morning:
- Write 3 things you’d like to accomplish for the day
- Make a healthy breakfast
- Drink two cups of water before heading out
- Listen to audiobook or podcast while getting ready
- Clean up your space
- Wash dirty dishes
- Workout or go for a walk to get some air
- Prepare ahead of time
- Meditate or do a breathing exercise
- Read a book on something you enjoy
- Spend 5-10 minutes (or longer if time permits) with someone you love
- Make your own coffee or tea instead of buying them at a coffee shop
- Stretch or do yoga
- Make a list of 5-10 things for which you are grateful
- Do something to stimulate your brain
- Carve out time to work on your hobby
- Review or start a budget
- Say 3-5 positive affirmations about yourself and your life
- Prepare your lunch instead of going out to eat
- Journal your thoughts and feelings
These are just a few ideas to get you started. If you have other productive things you’d rather do that are not on the list, feel free to do it! You can even do a combination of a few things above!
The point is to start your day off right and feeling accomplished first thing in the morning. When you feel like you had a productive morning, your attitude changes and it becomes a domino effect on your day. Try it out!
Related blog posts: