Disclaimer: Please be aware that this blog post may contain affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you).
Viewing others vs myself
Oftentimes when I hear other people criticize themselves, I don’t see the flaws they see. I see the beauty and elegance of their God-given body. I wish they could see the splendor they display and have compassion and grace on themselves.
I have to admit, I’m the same way with myself. When it comes to my own flaws, I’m the harshest critic. We all are. I’m quick to point out every flaw and my insecurities are magnified. I see my stomach rolls, the dull skin texture, my dark complexion
My biggest insecurity
One of my flaws I don’t like about myself is my nose. I don’t like it at all. It’s flat and wide. It’s my least attractive feature. My dislike for my nose heightened when I was visiting families abroad a few months ago. One of my aunts made a snide comment about my nose. I knew I didn’t like my nose before, but that just made it worse. I told my husband that I want to get a nose job. He insists that I have a “cute” nose but I strongly disagree. The more I voice out that I don’t like my nose, the more he confesses how much he likes it.
It’s time to have compassion
23 Self-Love Affirmations to Practice Daily
Here are self-love affirmations to recite every day and for the days when the self-hate monster is trying to rear its head:
- I love everything about myself.
- I treat myself with love and compassion no matter how I feel.
- I am more than enough.
- I love the person I am today and the person I am becoming.
- I am unique and beautiful inside and out.
- I have many great qualities to offer to other people.
- I love, trust, and accept myself unconditionally.
- I embrace my flaws and see them as beautiful.
- I choose to let all negative words and thoughts to roll off of me and I commit to fostering only positive vibes and thoughts from this moment on.
- My opinions about myself matter most above what other people are saying.
- I see the good in others and in myself.
- I choose to be happy and won’t let anyone make me feel otherwise.
- I am at peace with who I am.
- I have the power to not let others’ opinions affect me and how I view myself and others.
- I am a person who never settles and always aims for the best.
- I do not let the past hold me back. I am free to be myself.
- I choose to live my best life while living with arms and heart wide open.
- I am confident, smart and one of a kind.
- I believe in myself wholeheartedly.
- I can’t control my past mistakes, but I can control what’s happening in the present and I am able to shape my future.
- I have a greater purpose and my life matters.
- I am irreplaceable.
- Anything that has gone wrong is fixable. Nothing is beyond what I am able to handle.
Saying all these affirmations won’t make a big difference overnight. Just like with working out, it has to be a daily practice to change the way to view and treat ourselves. Start treating yourself with more compassion. You are beautiful and have so much to offer to other people. Don’t let others or even yourself make you believe otherwise.
Related blog posts: