You will never know how much you can accomplish until you try. Never stop trying. Your miracle will come in undefined moments. ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Try something new
One of the great things in life is trying something new because it offsets a monotony and mundane life. I was someone who liked routine and disliked changes. But once I made it a habit to implement something new in my life weekly or monthly, I started looking forward to it. Trying something new makes life exciting and you get to learn new things.
30 day Challenge: Do New Things Everyday
- New hairstyle. Pinterest has some great inspirations!
- Drive a different route to work
- Eat a cuisine from a culture you’ve never had before or new dish you’ve never tried before. You might find something new you like.
- Go on a new adventure. Maybe go on an unexpected road trip to somewhere on your bucket list?
- Drive somewhere you’ve never been to before
- Experiment with a new morning routine. Here’s a post I wrote on morning routines and how you can start yours!
- Do something random in public
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger or someone you’ve never talked to before
- Do a random act of kindness
- Try a new workout or a new gym. Check out Classpass to try a slew of new classes
- Put a new outfit together with what you already have. Mix it up!
- Show what you mean by “I love you” to your partner or a family member in a new way
- Start a new tradition
- Read a new book
- Watch a movie you’ve never seen before by yourself
- Learn a new word. Check out Merriam-Webster’s word of the day!
- Go to a Broadway show
- Do a science experiment. Here are some cool ones to try!
- Create a scrapbook for a family member
- Turn off your phone for a whole day and be completely in tune to the world and people around you
- Pay for someone’s bill at a restaurant
- Make a list of 10 things for which you’re grateful (David and I do 10 while we take walks or on drives and it only takes 2 minutes). You’ll be more positive during the rest of the day too.
- Learn a new language. Try Duolingo or Babbel.
- Handwrite a thank you note to someone who made a difference in your life
- Rearrange your furniture
- Learn a new skill. Try Skillshare or CreativeLive.
- Spend an hour to start that business you’ve been wanting to start or apply to that dream job you want. You have nothing to lose, everything to gain, and may learn a lot on the way
- Do something that scares you like improv or surfing
- Eat a fruit or vegetables you’ve never eaten before. I still need to try a dragonfruit!
Searchof a quote that resonates with you and memorizeit.
Related blog posts: