Disclaimer: Please be aware that this blog post may contain affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you).
I have to admit, I haven’t been feeling motivated lately. It’s been hard to do work and I feel like I’m just dreading each day. Anybody with me?
Just like the seasons, we go through different phases of our lives. For instance, there are times when we are extremely productive and other times when we just want to hide under the sheet.
Someone recently reminded me that words are powerful. What has been coming out of your mouth? Are they powerful affirmations or words of negativity?
Lately, I’ve been saying careless things about myself. That’s probably one of the reasons why my mind and body feel broken and down.
Sadly, I hear a lot of makeup YouTubers saying negative things about themselves when filming without makeup on. We have got to stop this! We need to treat ourselves better.
We need to begin practicing powerful affirmations to start our day if we want to see change in our lives.
Why affirmations are important
Unfortunately, because of the modern society we live in We are constantly enveloped in daunting news and horrible tragedies. Our minds and bodies react in negative ways like fear, confusion, stress, anxiety, and often hopelessness.
We may find ourselves constantly surrounded by negativity if we aren’t guarding our hearts.
At work, whether someone was fired or we aren’t meeting the quota, we can find ourselves surrounded by negativity that we can’t escape. What about when you’re with your friends? Someone may be gossiping or spreading hate about that so and so girl, and it might turn you off. What do you do?
I’m not saying that we are surrounded by pessimists but there are some negative comments or remarks that happen throughout the day.
That being said, we have to be intentional with what goes through our ears and into our mind and heart. That’s where words of affirmations are very useful. Growing a thick skin can only go so far. Avoiding negativity and toxicity intentionally may help you create a healthy and positive mindset.
What are affirmations
Affirmations are positive words that you recite out loud preferably every day. The reason for this is because it rewires your thinking.
According to the journal The Psychology of Change: Self-Affirmation and Social Psychological Intervention “…Affirmations can decrease stress, increase well being, improve academic performance and make people more open to behavior change.”
Did you read that? Not only does affirmation has a positive effect on your physiology, it has the ability to change your habit! Can you believe that saying positive statements can cause that big of a change in your life? Cue mind-blown emoji 🤯
Furthermore, there was a study where the cancer patients who practiced spontaneous self-affirmations were more optimistic instead of feeling hopeless. This makes you want to start practicing words of affirmation, doesn’t it?
Powerful affirmations to start each day
1. I am created for a reason and I have a purpose in life.
2. I believe in my talents and skills. I am unstoppable.
3. Anything I set my mind to, I can accomplish.
4. I am decisive and fearless in everything I do.
5. All the mistakes I made in the past made me the strong person I am today.
6. I am grateful for my life, my family, my career, and the people I work with.
7. My imperfections make me unique and are a great asset to me.
8. I listen to my intuition and trust the Spirit to guide me in all the decisions I make today.
9. I am capable. I am equipped. I can do this!
10. I let go of limiting beliefs I have about myself.
11. I have the power to change my life around.
12. I make a difference in the world by using my skills and talents.
13. I am enough. I am whole. There is no lack in my life.
14. I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful.
15. I trust God is working in my life and around me.
16. I have overcome all my fears. I am victorious.
17. I am a powerhouse; I am indestructible.
18. I let go of the past; it has no hold on me.
19. I have a great future to look forward to.
20. I am beautiful on the inside and on the outside.
21. I am trusting the journey I’m on.
22. My voice matters. I matter.
23. I will not worry about tomorrow.
24. I am enjoying what today brings and focus on the people around me.
25. I am confident in who I am and know my self-worth.
26. I take responsibility for who I am: the good and the bad.
27. I am allowed to say no. I have healthy boundaries with the people around me.
28. Everything is a choice. I choose to be optimistic about the outlook of my life.
29. I choose to make myself proud in all I do. I do not rely on others to validate me.
30. I align myself with the truth. I am guided by the Spirit to lead me to the right path.
31. I love all of me. God didn’t make a mistake when he created me.
32. I can conquer all the hurdles and any difficult circumstances.
33. I am strong and can do anything.
34. There is nothing stopping me from achieving my goals. I’ve got this!
35. I focus on my strengths and the impact I make around me.
36. I have a lot of things I want to accomplish. My life is just beginning.
37. Today is going to be the best day. Nothing will get me down.
38. I am strong and secure in who I am. Any words of destruction will not affect me.
39. I allow myself to be who I am without feeling shame or judgment.
40. I am chosen. I am loved. I spread love out of the abundance of my heart.
For more affirmations, check out my other post, 23 Self-Love Affirmations to Practice Daily.
How to use the statements
I would recommend adding it as part of your routine is the best way to get the maximum effect. You can do this multiple times a day even! If you miss a day it’s not going to hurt you.
Before you go, I have prepared a printable of these 40 statements for you to print out and use daily. Sign up below! 🙂
- Practicing powerful affirmations each day has many benefits. It can reducing stress, improving academic performance, and becoming more optimistic.
- Adding it as part of your routine to gain the effects in your life.
- Don’t forget to sign up below to get your printable 🙂
I’d love to hear from you
Do you have any daily affirmations? What would you add to this list?